Applications are now open for Sprout Producer Program Scholarships for 2017.
Thank you to 4 Business & Community, Tasmanian Women in Agriculture and TQA Australia for providing scholarships for six small and start up food producers to complete the Sprout Producers Program.
The program, which involves on-line learning, practical on-farm sessions, and mentorship by Sprout and the scholarship donors, will take the recipients on a year’s journey from start-up to production of a crop or value-added product. They will also receive assistance in branding and marketing their products.
If successful, producers become Sprout Producer alumni and commit to the program for an additional year following accreditation – this allows producers ongoing presence on Sprout’s website, membership of Sprout and the right to use Sprout stickers/logo.
Producers will also have access to Fork to Fork and can acquire any additional mentoring or complete any additional educational units.
- Alignment with Sprout’s values and ethics
- Innovation and achievability of proposed plans
- Need for the scholarship
- Benefit for the producer from the scholarship
1. Why do you want to be part of the Sprout Producers Program? (max. 100 words)
2. What product(s) are you interested in growing or producing in Tasmania? (max. 100 words)
3. What, if any, experience do you have in growing and/or producing food. Please detail (max. 100 words)
4. If accepted into the Sprout Producers Program, what would you hope to achieve within the next 12 months? (max. 1000 words)
5. How would this scholarship help you to achieve your goals as a grower and/or producer? (max. 100 words)
6. How do your goals as a grower and/or producer align with Sprout’s ethics and principles? (max. 100 words)