Sprout Producers are local small and start-up Tasmanian producers who produce and sell ethical, great tasting food. They have been through a one year accreditation program with Sprout.
Sprout Producers use the Sprout stamp of approval. If you see the Sprout logo on produce in your local grocery store or restaurant menu then you can meet the farmer or see the farm on Sprout’s website and you know that the producer has been through a quality control program.
Look out for this logo!
Sprout Producers have access to mentoring from experts in the field of small business, value-adding, food quality, agriculture, horticulture, freight and logistics and more.
We are thrilled to welcome the 2017 cohort of Sprout Producer Scholarship recipients into the program.
2017 Scholarship Recipients in the Sprout Producers Program
|Dave and Cassandra Rolph||Deep End Farm||
|Hermione Hickling||Longley Organic Farm||
|Lisa Britzman & David Peck||Campo de Flori||
|Marco Linardi & Vicki Crichton||Lauriston Grove||
|Rachel Jacka||Guide Falls Farm||
2016 Scholarship Recipients in the Sprout Producers Program
|Christine Mann||Glendale Olives||
|Jo Smith||Primal Living||
Rocky Top Farm
Deanne de Leeuw
& Mark Massie
Cheryl Gamble &
|Justin Merriel||Develop the Green|
|Adele & Noel Amari||Burns Creek Farm|
We would also like to acknowledge an anonymous sponsor who donated to the 2016 program.
2015 Participants in the Sprout Producers Program
- Bec Lynd (Big River Highland Beef) sponsored by Nick Haddow of Bruny Island Cheese
- Darren and Bronty (Mount Arthur Garlic) sponsored by Philippe Le Ban of The Source, MONA
- Tanya Dalton (Drifting Farm) sponsored by Tony Scherer of Rocky Top farm
- Lucy and Phillip Headlam (Headlam Farms) sponsored by Natalia Urosevic, Nick and Marco Nikitaras of Hill Street Grocer
- Lee Adamson-Ringk (Killicranke Farm) sponsored by Michael Harvey of MDH Accounting
- Trish Macfarlane (Three Peaks Organic) sponsored by Joss Fenton of 4 Business and Community
2014 Sprout Producers
In 2014, Tony Scherer and Joyce Johnston of Rocky Top Farm were our first producer to go through the Sprout Producers Program. Tony and Joyce are now accredited Sprout Producers and are part of the Sprout Producer Alumni. If you see their stickers in local, small Tasmanian grocery stores or on menus at restaurants you know you are buying local high quality produce that has been grown using ethical and environmental practices.
Meet our first accredited producer – Rocky Top!