THE SPROUT HUB
The Sprout Hub is our centre for education and resources. Here you can access farming and business courses, discover recorded webinars and factsheets, plus much much more.
The Hub is free for all members.
Sprout Tasmania supports small and start up producers through research and representing our members within political, economic and social systems. If you have any suggestions for projects or campaigns, please add your suggestion here.
Our current projects have stemmed from the findings of our 2021 and 2023 small producer surveys. These include:
- Meat processing challenges in the state (particularly for those requiring small numbers of service processing).
- Education pathways for those wanting to learn small scale, mixed enterprise farming in Tasmania
- Creating legal templates, resources and case studies to assist landowners and those seeking land that are interested in share and tenant farming agreements.
- Seeking commitments from both major state political parties to formulate a small scale producer strategy for Tasmania as a true enabler of our local food system.
- Working towards providing better access to capital for small-scale and regenerative farmers
- Ensuring producers are empowered to build more resilient farming systems.